This same message can be found in these simple quotes:
- “You've got to go out on a limb sometimes because that's where the fruit is.” - Will Rogers
- “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” - Albert Einstein
- “Ever tried? Ever Failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” - Samuel Becket
- “I have failed over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan
- “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” - Thomas J. Watson
Another factor about my job that I love is my ability to set my own hours. I value having flexible work hours. Typically, I work from 8 am to 5 or 6 pm, but not always. I workout 3 to 4 times a week during lunch and usually spend an hour-and-a-half playing basketball or tennis, or swimming. In fact, this has become such a major part of my daily routine that I look forward to because I know I'll get play-time in the middle of the work day. I still put in my 8 hours, but it might mean working a little later or in the evening at home or over the weekend, which I have no problem doing. Truth is, I'm a better, more motivated employee because of this. I probably put in greater effort and work longer than I would if I had to clock-in and clock-out every day.