Here's the thing - I just turned 50 this year. Not a big deal for me really. I still think of myself as someone who's between 20 and 30 years younger. I'm in pretty good shape, and while my hair turns grey and thins a bit, the thought of getting older doesn't really bother me. I'm still doing pretty much all the physical activities I did when I was younger - more in fact. Here's the thing that worries me - becoming obsolete, irrelevant, static, someone who wishes the world would slow down and stop changing . . . this is what scares me. That and memory loss.
I was the first one in the family to have a Facebook and Twitter account. I did so as a way to stay current. I thought, "If I'm going to understand what the buzz is all about I'd better jump into it and start to understand it." And really, that's the reason for starting this blog - to understand how blogging works, the benefits to me and others who interact, the challenges, the frustrations, and the fun (which is always a primary reason for me to do anything).
Now that I've explained why I'm blogging, I want to explain my rules for my soap box.
- I reserve the right to change my opinion, mind, whatever. Hey . . . it's my blog.
- I will talk and share info about things that are of interest to me.
- I won't talk much about politics or religion. Not really interested. That said, rule #1 applies.
- I don't care much for abusive language, so profanity or any postings that I feel are inappropriate will probably get deleted. Yeah, rule #1 applies again here, too. I know, 'what the h***!'
- Civil liberties and rights
- Corporate Culture
- Customer Service
- Fun, Games and Play
- Health and Wellness
- Leadership and management
- Parks and museums
- Personal and professional growth
- Recreation and leisure
- Science and science fiction
- Social media
- Social trends
- Space program
- Sports - mainly basketball, baseball, and football
- The Future!
- Waste and recycling
Finally, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I will make mistakes, I may say things based on inaccurate information, or I may say something I regret - right or wrong. I'm calling the blog Talkin' 'bout My Evolution because I'm hoping to work through problems and ideas (with help from anyone else who may lead such a boring life that they decide to drop in now and then) in the hopes of becoming a more informed individual - one who thinks and grows and never stops learning.